Randolph-Macon Academy, Virginia 91st Air Force Junior ROTC Band and Parade Unit
Band Director: Ed Richards
Number of Years in NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade – 10
Events and Honors:
- Performance Award — Universal Orlando Parade (February 2019)
- 1st Place Jr./Sr. High School Band, 1st Place Junior Color Guard — 2018 Alsatia Mummers’ Parade, Hagerstown, MD
- 1st Place Military School Band — 2018 Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival Firefighters’ Parade
- 1st Place Military School Band — 2018 Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival Grand Feature Parade
- Performance Award — Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Performance (January 2018)
History of the Band
This is the 91st Virginia Air Force Junior ROTC Band and Parade Unit from Randolph-Macon Academy of Front Royal, Virginia. This entry is composed of the award winning Academy Band, Color Guard and Flag Corps carrying the flags of the 50 states.
Randolph-Macon Academy is America’s oldest co-educational Air Force Junior ROTC military academy. The Academy, which is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, was founded in 1892.
This entry from Randolph-Macon Academy has developed a nationwide reputation in recent years. They appear each year here in the New York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. They also march every year in Winchester, Virginia at the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival Parades. Last month the band performed in a parade at Universal Studios Resort in Orlando, Florida and in January 2018 the band performed at Walt Disney World.
The Drum Major of the Band is Noelle Kramer.
The Band is directed by Bandmaster, Mr. Edwin Richards and Assistant Bandmaster, Mr. Michael DeMato.
Colonel Frank Link is Commandant of Cadets and Lt. Col. Joel Jones, Chief Master Sergeant Matthew Lusson, Master Sergeant Stephen Pederson, and Technical Sergeant Tina Liang advise the marching units.